Power BI can be a popular tool for business analytics, and it gives users a democratized way to build dashboards and reports. One of the essential components to creating Power BI dashboards and reports is datasets. The data set is a copy of Power Query transformed data within Power BI. Power BI service so that when queries are sent for Power BI, reports and dashboards can respond quickly.
Through MS Flow, you’ll be able to automate now tasks like creating synchronization files, receiving notifications, capturing data, and more. Essentially, MS Flow is ideal for automating repetitive and lengthy tasks. You can easily automate tasks like File Synchronization and Data Collection, Notifications, and many more through Microsoft flow.
We’ll utilize MS Flow to collect SharePoint information for us. Then, it will be transferred straight to Power BI without writing a single line of code.
In general, Microsoft Flow(keyword) is an excellent way to automatize repetitive tasks.
With Flow, you can automate tasks to:
- Synchronize files
- Collect data
- And much more!
In this method, we’ll use Flow to gather our SharePoint information and then transfer that data to Power BI without writing one piece of code.
How to Create A Microsoft Flow ?
- Go to the home page on MS Flow and make an account, specifically if this will be your first experience utilizing the service. You can test the service at no cost by selecting it as the Free Plan.
- Take a look at the internet to decide if the current flow template suits your needs. You don’t even have to build an entirely new workflow, even if it’s not required. Now, let’s search ‘SharePoint.’
- Then search for “Visualize Power BI’.
- Enter the URL of your site of SharePoint required. Name the list you wish to keep track of and specify the location within Power BI. Click Save.
- Also, look up ‘Update Power BI Dataset’ and find another template that might be useful for you.
- Once you have approved your choice, you will be able to review and alter your flow. Click Save.
Advantages of Microsoft Flow
- Ease workload
- It makes methods more efficient.
- Decrease operating costs
- Improve reliability
- Optimize performance
- Eliminate human errors
- Monitor how projects are progressing
Microsoft Flow in power BI Automate can assist you in making the most of your resources and helping improve your processes for business to be more efficient while cutting operational costs overall.
Microsoft Flow is, now known as Power Automate, is cloud-based software that allows users to build. And automate workflows and tasks across various applications and services without assistance from developers. Automated workflows are referred to as flows.
In the same way that Power BI users are increasing in numbers day by day. Microsoft keeps up the speed of advancement by introducing and using new features to Power BI. In the last few days, Microsoft has added a feature that allows you to input the results of reports with Power Apps.